This policy (together with any other documents we refer to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Who we are
We (or “us”) means Minchin & Grimshaw Ltd, a registered limited company (number 11025699) whose registered address is 79 Higher Bore St, Bodmin, Cornwall, United Kingdom, PL31 1JT.
Our contact details can be found here.
By contacting us, using our Services or visiting our website, which is owned and controlled by us (“our site”), you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy unless you inform us otherwise.
Who this policy applies to
This policy applies to all users of our site, services and any individual who interacts with us.
Information we collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us.
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site within or in order to access our Services or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide if you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, employer, financial information and personal description.
Information we collect about you.
We collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and,
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources.
We also work with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors, advertising networks, analytics providers, and search information providers) and may receive information about you from them. The information we receive from these third parties will be information that they have collected from you.
We may receive information about you from third parties (for example, other individuals/organisations who use our Services or who have asked us to provide our Services to you). When that data is collected from you, you should be informed by those third parties at that stage that it may be shared with us and may be combined with data collected from multiple sources.
Uses made of the information
We may combine information we collect about you and receive from other sources with information you give to us. We may use any part of the information and/or the combined information for the purposes set out above and as set out in the examples below, (depending on the types of information we receive).
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- provide you with our Services;
- to notify you about changes to our Services;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- where you have indicated to us that you are happy for us to do so, we may also use this information to provide you (or permitted third parties to provide you with) information about;
- other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already enquired about or receive, or have received, from us;
- administer our Services, and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- improve our site and Services to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services, when you choose to do so;
- keep our Services, site and premises as safe and secure as we can; and,
- measure or understand the effectiveness of our Services.
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we can share your personal information with:
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- our suppliers, sub-contractors, clients or for the performance of any contract we enter into with those parties to allow us to provide services to you (including but not limited to the Services), and only where they are under a duty to deal with your personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679);
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; and,
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers or on secure servers operated by a third party. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of data and information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted via our Services, sites or third parties; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will ask for your permission before collecting your data if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. If you have given us permission to disclose information about you to a third party, you may revoke that permission at any time by contacting us.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our clients, partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We will not store your personal data for any longer than is necessary.
Access to information
You have the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (or any equivalent legislation).
Any access request may be subject to a fee of up to £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.